Translate

Monday, August 9, 2010

Contest Stage 1: Who's Quote is it Anyway?

Konnichiwa!!!

Okay guys it is time for the first stage of my latest contest! OKay so here are the rules:
• The point of this stage is to find the movie, person, or book that said the according quote. There are 35 quotes in total.

• You can use any resource at hand except me, Orrin or Ania(The three judges) to solve the quotes.

• You don’t have to rewrite the entire quote, just the answer.

• When you believe you have all the correct answers, then send it to one of three emails address to be checked.

• If wrong, you will get a return email, telling you which ones are wrong, and you can ask up to three of the quotes to be corrected.

• If correct, unless you sent it to me, you will receive a code from one of the other two, which you MUST send as a private facebook or email message to me, Quinton Staten.

• drquinton@hotmail.com, ania_kaczka@att.net, o.mitchell99@yahoo.com are the three emails to send it too. Now you can send them to whoever, just know, if you send them all to me it will slow down the time it takes to get it back, and someone else might pass you up as a result. So be sure to send some to Orrin and Ania. They don’t bite. ;)

• The contest continues until August 20th, or until we have 64 overall people in the second round. Since Orrin and Ania were kind enough to assist me in this first stage, they will on to stage 2 automatically so only 62 spots are available! So get on those quotes! Here are the Quotes and Good Luck!



1.“You could run from someone you feared, you could try to fight someone you hated. All my reactions were geared toward those kinds of killers – the monsters, the enemies. When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?”
2.“After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
3.“Off with her head!”
4.“A lot of people give up just before they're about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one."

5.“My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."”
6.“You love playing with that. You love playing with all your stuffed animals. You love your Mommy, your Daddy. You love your pajamas. You love everything, don't ya? Yea. But you know what, buddy? As you get older... some of the things you love might not seem so special anymore. Like your Jack-in-a-Box. Maybe you'll realize it's just a piece of tin and a stuffed animal. And the older you get, the fewer things you really love. And by the time you get to my age, maybe it's only one or two things. With me, I think it's one.”
7.“You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.”
8.“He's not your friend, he's ours! If somebody's gonna kill him, it should be us”
9.“Cut off a wolf's head and it still has the power to bite.”
10.“I… I am Tetsuo.”
11.“Say Hello to my little friend!”
12.“All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz... all... night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the ____!”
13.“I'll never let go, Jack. I promise.”
14.“They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me.”
15.“If you can dodge a car, you can dodge a dodgeball.”
16.“I don't own emotion, I rent.”
17.“So you'd think a psychic would, uh, be on time. You know, like he could foretell if the traffic was going to be bad?”
18.“Anyone want to see a magic trick?”
19.“Hakuna Matata!”
20.“Yo, Rugman! Haven't seen you in a few millennia. Give me some tassel.”
21.“If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.”
22.“This is Sparta!”
23.“A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his.”
24.“I try to open up to what I don't know, because reason says I should have died three years ago...”
25.“Tell your dog not to worry, sooner or later we all lose our balls.”
26.“Run Forrest Run!”
27.“Look, can you do me a favor-can you look out the window for a second? See my father? He's the guy in the green car? Let me tell you about a dream, a boy's dream, and a man's promise to that boy. He looked him in the eye and said "Son, I' gonna buy you a car, but I want you to bring me two-thousand dollars and three A's." OK, I got the two thousand and two A's. OK, here's the dream. Your B minus? Pfff! Dream gone. Kaput. Sir, just ask yourself... What would Jesus do?”
28.“I wonder what grass tastes like.”
29.“Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility." This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I'm Spider-man.”
30.“So you're a man who has everything, but nothing.”
31.“I hardly believe in ghost stories anymore, Captain Barbossa.”
32.“Does believing you're the last sane man on the planet make you crazy? 'Cause if it does, maybe I am.”
33.“My name is Robert Neville. I am a survivor living in New York City. I am broadcasting on all AM frequencies. I will be at the South Street Seaport everyday at mid-day, when the sun is highest in the sky. If you are out there... if anyone is out there... I can provide food, I can provide shelter, I can provide security. If there's anybody out there... anybody... please. You are not alone.”
34.“Wisdom is not measured by one’s age, nor their experiences, but how one handles those experiences.”
35.“So many people believe that you only have one life, and that you shouldn’t waste it away. If that’s true though, why do those same people waste your life forcing you to learn this shit right here, only to never use in your actual job.”

OH AND THE PRIZE TO THE TOP 3 FINISHERS OF STAGE 3 WINS..... COPIES FOR THE ENTIRE REY SAGA!!! GOOD HUNTING!!!!
 
~APLIW~
 
Quinton

No comments: