Translate

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Words are Permanent

Recently I lost someone who ended up meaning more to me than I could have imagined. This person didn't die or move away, but I think that only makes the loss that much harder to cope with. There is a chance that I could run into this person, but I don't feel that I have a right to call myself a friend to them. They were an important part of my life for a while, but because I let anger get the better of me I lost a valued friend.

Have you ever said something to someone out of anger, and instantly wished you hadn't? If so, did you apologize? Did they accept your apology or make it seem that it didn't matter if you were sorry? I would love to hear about how other people have dealt with situations like this.

Repentance

I am sorry that we met too late,
that we began with little time.
I am sorry that things went so fast,
I didn’t realize how quick or hard I would fall.

I lost myself in the excitement of love.
Blinded by intense emotions, I didn’t see
that you were lost in worry, and not anything affectionate.

I did a lot wrong, but so did you.

It wasn’t fair for me to start a relationship,
with a termination date.
It wasn’t right for you to hide your feelings,
or refuse to communicate when things were wrong.
All the things that I said to you, I wish I could take them back.

I should have known that we’d crash and burn.
I’m not the kind of girl to act on impulse,
but when it came to you it was all I was able to do.
I believe we were meant to fail from our beginning.

That doesn’t change the fact that:
I am sorry to have lost your friendship,
or that I miss you.

No comments: