Translate

Monday, May 16, 2011

Soooo I'm back... With a New Beginning

Hey guys, Joseph W. Here, and I'm finally back from Hiatus... But not with lyrics or poetry... I've been actually writing novels as of late... Because my poetry isn't going so well right now. So here is chapter one of my novel "A New Beginning" which is still being written.

**********************************************
A New Beginning



Chapter 1
To start an adventure

Bruce Lawson was sitting in his old, beat up Honda Civic. He was parked right outside a house in the middle of a rough looking neighborhood that had the look of what might have once been a beautiful, peaceful place.
Kids were out in the neighbors yard playing, dogs were barking. He remembered how lovely it was to be a kid back in the day.

He opened his car door, feeling quite nostalgic about the little house, remembering days of water gun fights, and “hide and seek”. Those were different days, before worry and responsibility. He slammed the door and began his short walk to the door of the house.

He knocked on the door, and a few moments later a woman who looked to be about 50 or 60 years old greeted him. With a long pause she studied him, looking him over as if he were some riff raff from off the street. Her face became pale for a moment as she gasped, “Bruce?” she said in a hushed tone. “Yes, mother” he replied, “It’s me.”

She opened the door and he stumbled in the doorway awkwardly, and saw the living room where he once sat to watch his cartoons on Saturday mornings.
The blue armchair in the corner, the coffee table in front of the leather couch, the flat screen television. The house seemed so out of date to him, it was not something he was used to. The house had not changed much.

“Would you like some tea? Or coffee? I just baked some cookies. Or…”
“No, mother” he interrupted, “I’m fine, I cannot stay long”
“Oh, well is this about money?” She asked in a rather monotone voice.
“No, But Is father home by any chance?” He asked
“I really need to talk to both of you, its pretty important, and I don’t have much time.”

His mother looked very grim, “Your father doesn’t wish to see you. He’s still not over what happened all those years ago.”
Bruce gave the kind of sad and disappointed look you would expect from a child who is being punished. “I figured” he said “I was in the wrong, and I know that… and that’s… that’s why I’m here mom… I’m leaving.”
“Leaving where Bruce?”
“I can’t really say much mother, I’m not supposed to, but I came to tell you and the family that I love you all, and that I most likely won’t see you again… I came to… make things right.”

At this point his mother became very concerned, “Bruce, what are you talking about? You sound as if you are dying! Is there something wrong?”
“Mom, I really need to go, I love you Mother…” he said calmly as he kissed her on the forehead, and began walking toward the door.
“Bruce Peter Lawson! Tell me what is going on! Please son… Please”
“Mother, I cannot tell you anymore, it is prohibited… Tell father I’m sorry… Goodbye”

Bruce quickly got in the car, and drove off, seeing his mother in the rear view mirror with a confused and sad expression, you could see the lines on her old, yet wise face. He shed a tear as he saw her growing smaller and smaller in the mirror. But he couldn’t think of it any longer, he had a new life ahead of him. His journey was of the utter most Importance. He knew he was risking nothing but his life, And the reward of this risk, could be great.

*********************************


So I'd love to hear your feedback and predictions on what happens next.

Much Love,

Joseph W.

No comments: