Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lullaby for My Heart

I apologize for being incapable of posting a writing of my own. However, Alex has so kindly lent me poetry of his own that he has allowed me to share. Of what he sent me, this is one of my favorites, maybe even my absolute favorite. So here it is. The "Lullaby for My Heart"


Lullaby for My Heart


Turn, spin, dance to the rhythm produced by my tired heart.
Feel the warmth of a thousand thoughts of you as my twisted mind withdraws for another winter alone.
Nothing could be more true than these feelings, yet I care enough to hide them somewhere only I can see.
Take a step forward; know I'll be there walking beside you.
Fall backwards; know I'll be sure to catch you.
All I ask is for you to see these lips that are so close to yours and whisper "forevermore" before this rhythm we waltz to becomes not but our paramour.

~Anora Anakaya~

No comments: