Translate

Thursday, November 3, 2011

What I Should've Done

Here is a poem for you all today! I don't know what's up with the other authors, but at least you have me this week. Hopefully I'll remain, but finals are approaching fast and I may have a freak out moment this year. But don't stop coming to the blog for a look at the latest and greatest!


What I Should've Done

Behind this smile
are a million tears.
Behind these optimistic eyes,
is a dreadful pessimistic fear.
Behind these words I speak,
so carefully chosen and
articulated with a plan,
are the ones I left unsaid,
the ones that describe 
indescribable fathoms of thought.
The ones that tell the depth
of a bottomless pit,
the ones that show colors
to a blind man,
and the ones that blend
all the seasons together
to create
a summer that snows while
leaves fall and turn shades of red
and new buds begin to bloom.
The words that say how I really feel.

And what I should've done
is begin to try.
I should've started the sentence with "I"
and I should've just gone on from there...


~Anora Anakaya~
Mea Culpa

No comments: