Translate

Friday, January 6, 2012

Autumnal Acidic Ailments


For all who haven't noticed, there're general connections between many of my posts. Thes connections include the fictional "Audrey" (the perfect girl I'll never have) and the stress resulting from fighting the seven sins (greed, pride, lust, envy, wrath, sloth, and gluttony) in my everyday life. So far, I've written two novels centered around the conflicts these connections pose, along with the temptation of "Alice" (the girlfriend I never wanted). Seeing as though many of you won't read these books for some time, I thought I might share a piece that gives a more blatant taste of the truth that bleeds from my bleating heart.

----------------------------------------------

"Seasonal Names"

Memories of Autumn consume me
As my mind breaks for the winter.
Summer is dead, yet Audrey
Shouts from an inconceivable distance.

Alice and Spring started my trouble;
Happy thoughts caused this mess.
Lust made tragedy double;
Climbing on her created my unrest.

Emerald eyes mocking the solstice,
In all it's completely tragic sin.
Few know what the result is,
Yet the equinox told it all.

Memories of Summer come at me
Now that I've forgotten her warmth.
But this changing of seasons is fatality
As were the words she kissed me so hard with.

What happens to us now
Claims the rage of melting ice.
Surely you wonder how,
But my answers faded with Autumn.



To my love...
~Alex

No comments: