Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Unexpected Chaos


So I have been thinking on this story for some time now. Part of the reason I didn't post last week, sorry :(
Although I am quite sure that I will finish this one (for once, haha). Honestly I am not sure where I am going with this story, it is leading down a rabbit trail to who knows where...
Take the journey with me??
Well I hope you all enjoy!

Grace be with you all,
Alex S.


Her hands were warm to the touch. She was smiling at me as if nothing else on this planet mattered, and I wanted to keep it that way. We were walking down the sidewalk hand-in-hand. Slowly the sun began to set before our eyes, and before I knew what I was doing I stopped walking, pulled her back, and—as if in a movie—she turned. Then we kissed as she wrapped her arms around me. Despite the cool air, my body was filled with warmth from her lips. We pulled away, looking into each other’s eyes with no conviction or fear. Everything about this night was perfect…
I awoke to my brother's rap music blaring in our room. I tried to get up but, as soon as I felt a slight pain in my back and  looking up to my bed, I realized that I had either fallen off my bed or my little brother had pushed me off. (Which, in some cases, the latter seemed very logical, but in others it was ridiculous. I mean, I was almost twice his size!) I switched the music off and got dressed; looking at the clock I saw that it was almost past noon. Past noon?! Aw man, well I suppose there would be no reason to go to school this late anyways. Now what am I do with my day, since I already gave myself the day off...

 Wait a second, why didn't mom try to wake me up knowing that I would be late for school? And why would Sam leave his music on. It's not like him at all. Fear crawled through my body. I peered out my door. The hallway was cold like the heat had been off for hours. No lights were turned on. 

            Well this isn't completely creeping me out…While I'm about to round the first corner that leads down the stairs I half expect a zombie to jump out from around the corner, chase me back to my room, and eating my brains out. But I should’ve known, nothing was there and, like the rest of the house, I find that it is dark and cold—no zombies or monsters. Man, why couldn't it be a little more exciting? I wanted to use my zombie apocalypse kit that I bought last week. Oh well, perhaps another time. 

I know that dad is okay since he is at work, and Sam should have caught the bus this morning, but what about mom? Where did she go? We only own one car, so there is no way she went shopping. 

With some further searching of the house I found nothi— Wait, is that blood on the couch? There was a trail from something being dragged from the couch to the back door marked by blood. Oh, my stomach tightened, and I felt nauseous. 

A phrase kept running through my mind: This can't be happening, oh please no. Following the trail of blood to the back door I hesitated to open the door. Before my hands touched the doorknob a thought crossed my mind: What if whoever did this is still here? But I couldn't leave not knowing what's behind this door. Or instead of opening the door that could possibly lead to my death I could go through the front door and run around to the back. Which one to choose... Go through the back door and find a bloodied killer waiting for you to fall into his trap? Or go through the front door to find that there is a horde of zombies waiting for me. Decisions, Decisions...
I looked at the trail of blood one more time hoping that it had been a figment of my imagination. Nope, it was definitely real, unfortunately. I felt my stomach tighten up once again, I took a deep breath and walked to the front door. Before I opened the door, I almost hoped that I would be greeted by a zombie rather than face the gruesome truth of a serial killer in my house. The door swung wide open and before me was not standing a zombie, but a man in dark clothes and a hat which read: "FBI". 

Oh man, you gotta be kidding me... 

Before I had a chance to say or do a thing the man took me by the arm, turned me around, grabbed my other arm, and started to handcuff me. "Hey, what are you doing to me?! You have no right," I yelled at the man, who seemed to not even hear me. He started to read me my Miranda rights, "Look I don't need to be silent I didn't do anything!" I fought hard to get free, but it was no use. This man was huge and had a death-grip on me. Kind of suiting since he probably thinks I killed whoever is outside, but now was not the time to plead for my life. First, I gotta figure out how to get out of this situation. 

"So where are you taking me?" I asked inquisitively as if I didn't already know where I was going. The agent just grunted at me. Great, getting nowhere fast (except that I'm headed right towards the electric chair). Looking around, I noticed that there was an axe handle with a towel wrapped around the head in the passenger’s seat in the agent's sleek cliché SUV. Wait, an axe, why would an...Oh man, oh man, oh man. I am so dead.

The agent looked through his rearview mirror and smirked at me. Chills washed through me, and I was clearly unsettled. He knew it too.

You know, despite the fact of being trapped in a car with a serial killer, I find it almost humorous that I am not strapped down except for my seat belt. Which gave me an idea on how to escape, although there was one dilemma that I did face. We were driving on the highway at 50 mph.     

Okay David, it is now or never. I quietly unhooked my seat belt and made sure that he was completely oblivious to what I was doing. I waited for the opportune moment. Just as I was about to reach for the door, the man turned, giving me a weird look. I sat there and tried to act as normal as possible until he turned back around. Luckily it was only for a moment before he continued to drive. And, without a second thought, I opened the door of the SUV and jumped out with everything I had in me... 

No comments: