Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Blood

"My Life" by DarkRaven

Cutting is a controversial issue with which I know all too well. As I've gotten older pain has strangely become more pleasurable in a way that I can't describe. Luckily, cutting is an action I've left to my past.

However, I thought it might be interesting to write about the issue in a different light. Let me know what you think.


"Reminiscent Stains"

I take the blade between my fingers. How cool the metal feels. How much my mind yearns for its bite. Still, it's reassuring to have solid mortality squeezed between my digits. “Maybe just once more,” I think. “I want to remember.”

My palm against the casing, the tip of my finger pressed hard against the back of the blade, my focus drops to my hip. The caring blade kisses my skin, leaving a touch of red love as it slides down a few inches. I squeeze my eyes shut and my heart skips a beat as the rush of endorphins fills my brain with a pleasurable sting. “Yes...”

Looking down at the wonderful mark, I smile happily before I carefully make another, horizontal mark near the top of the blade's trail. A crimson cross stands out upon my light-tan skin. Liquid life trickles in tiny, timid drops down my side. My mind rejoices at the new addition to my canvas.

 




Life hates my pleasure.

~Chris

No comments: