Translate

Sunday, March 10, 2013

New Developments

Between midterms and unwanted tragedies, my focus has been spread far too thin. As such, my writing has been put on the back-burner until this week (which happens to be spring break). Hopefully, my distractions will be small enough to continue my regular posts.

Although a little new, this week's piece comes from some small apathy drawn from failed relationships. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who's felt this way, but, even if I am, it's still better than feeling nothing.



Bruised Hands



A blood stain on a white rug.
A crimson tide to flush from my hand.
The anger dwells deep in the memories.
Yet, I'm completely barred from taking a stand.

Small whiffs of her scent.
Small brush of her skin.
I've run into a rut.
I know my patience's run thin.

I'm out of my last hope.
So, I'll smash this wall.
Let it break instead of me.
From this day forward,
I'll lack enough empathy to fall.  



~Chris

No comments: