Translate

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Surprises

Hey guys it's Aulene!!!

So this week's piece is kind of lost and confused. I have opportunities and they could come out either in a good or bad way, and it scares me sometimes. I don't know what to do. So, yeah...That is this week.

Be sure to buy our book Life in Fiction: Words from the Underrated if you haven't already!

Thank you for all your support!!! <3 p="">
"Surprises"

Some things happen in your life that make you question
Hidden and unseen answers
Others are blunt and obvious
Staring at you in the face
Some are just subtle enought
To where you just catch a glimpse
A glimpse of what is supposed to be there
And then what?
Once you see it...
What do you do?
Do you run for it?
Or do you run away from it?
A possible surprise lurking...
Waiting...
"Surprise"
It's a very misunderstood word
Surprises can be good
They can be amazing
Thay can make you jump for joy
And cry tears of happiness
They can also be bad
Making you scared
Making you want to run
And cry tears of pain
Agony
And anger

So do I want it?
Do I want this surprise?
Do I want the risk?
I don't want to fall
I don't want to get hurt
Not again.
So I think I might walk
Walk the other way
I may miss out on something good
But also will miss the pain.
So that's my choice
What is yours?
Do you choose to take the chance?
Or do you choose to play it safe?



~Aulene
~APLIW

No comments: