Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Harry Potter Premeire Tonight!

Konnichiwa!



At midnight tonight, the final movie of one of the greatest book series in history premeires. It's bittersweet to know that this will almost surely be the last major Harry Potter event, I thought to take time to reflect on this series. Many rip Harry Potter for being a book based on fantasy and magic, yet it has managed to capivate millions with a brillantly developed plot, incredible characters, and one of the most iconic villains of all time. But the most memorable thing about this book is how it's fans and readers connected with the book. How this book managed to come alive for it's readers. The only thing that this series truly may have done wrong was that it ended to soon. Whether we believe this book to be the best in history is a different story, but one would be unwise to deny that Harry Potter will go down as one of the most legendary series ever.

Now that I'm done ranting about Harry, I thought for today's post I would post one of my Dream Chronicle stories. For those who don't know who what these are, I periodically have crazy dreams where many of my friends happen to make an appearance. So I thought I would type these up for comic relief. Warning: These dreams tend not to make any sense. Rarely do they actually, which is part of the charm behind them. I hope you enjoy them regardless!

Dream Chronicles: 2011 Part 1

The streets quiet, only the bleak sound of fighter jets zipping across the sky. The roads toppled by seemingly random craters and cover in burning cars, blood, and ash. I peek around the corner, looking to see if any green suits were hanging around the Kroger’s off Auburn Road. I pass under the cover of the smoke from a burning car, stopping right before smoke’s ceased. I wait a second while my breath catches up with me. Only have about 30 seconds… I look then at the smoke covered sky, and next to the ash-covered parking lot. I reach for the revolver in my belt. Only got a few shots. Better make this count. I slowly began to alternate my breathing, my heartbeat increasing tenfold. Go.




I dash forward, sprinting at full speed across the parking lot, almost slipping on the ash scattered about. I had gone maybe ten feet when a bullet grazed the ground behind me. I didn’t have time to think where it came from, just that I had to make it into the front doors. Shots were continuing to miss me by a slim margin, and I wasn’t sure if it was dumb luck or the shooter was a terrible shot. I was only a foot away from the front doors when two green suits burst out the front door opening fire. I let off two shots, each connecting for a fatal hit, but the suits managed to connect two hits into my left leg. I dragged myself under into the front doors, and hid behind the shopping carts to lick my wounds. I look up to see a convex mirror hanging from a hole in the roof. I see myself in a rugged South Pole polo, torn denim jeans, black socks and low top shoes. I was also wearing black sunglasses, which I started to reach for but quickly slapped down my hand.



“What’s wrong with me?” I whispered to myself aloud. “There’s no need to go over board using-”



I stopped when I noticed that something was out of place. Why is a giant mirror sitting here of all place- SHIT! I just barely managed to pull myself up in time to dodge a grenade that bounced off the mirror, exploding and caving me inside the store. I hopped over to the food section, grabbing every can of food I could fit in my hands, ripping a backpack off a fallen rack behind me. As I stuffed food into the pack, I felt a bullet dig into my right arm, with three other gazing my neck, cheek, and heel.



“Fuck!” I yelled, pulling out my revolver only to have it shot away. “Hands up! NOW!” Said a green suit with a flashlight strapped to his pistol. I sighed, knowing that there was only one decision left. I slowly bring my hands up, subtly pushing my glasses up. I turn around to face my enemies, who immediately began to open fire, but to no avail. The bullets stopped in midair, and with a flick of my wrist were sent flying back at them, killing each suit with his bullets. My head began to hurt, so I quickly finished packing all the food into the bag and bolted to the front door, completely forgetting it was sealed off thanks to that grenade earlier. I ran around into the men’s room by the in-store Starbucks, where I found a hole in the wall that I could squeezed through. “He ran into the restrooms!” I could hear outside, as I hurried into the hole, my headache getting worse. Outside I found a motorcycle waiting for me to help me escape, but as I approached my mind went bonkers and an image of me touching an exploding motorcycle plagued my mind.



I pushed back, thrusting my hand into the sky to grab the sniper right above my head around the throat using my telekinesis powers. “Please, don’t do it…” He begged. I tightened my grip around his throat, crushing it then slamming him into the bike which subsequently exploded. Just then I sensed a suit sneak up on me, but knock him off his feet, relieved him of his weaponry and gave him a bullet to the face. Afterwards I heard the roar of Suzuki motorcycle coming around the corner, with my best friend Zel riding it.



“Hop on!” He cried, and I just barely managed to grab the tail end of the bike before the suits came roaring out the hole feverish firing at us.



Next thing I knew I was sitting in a dimly lit room, surrounded by my friends: Zel, Chris, Lyssa, Aulene, Kallie, Najee, Gwyn, Bryan, Marissa, Taylor, and Duhe a.k.a. Matt.



“I think he’s coming too…” said Najee.

“Well duh Najee his eyes are open!” said Gwyn.

“Chill out you guys,” I said while sitting up in the discolored pile of sheets I was lying on. “How is everyone doing?”

“Their fine Qui-Bon-Qui,” Aulene said angrily, pushing me down. “But you need to rest; you probably used up a lot of strength after using your powers when I explicably told you not to!”

“I was being shot at! Excuse me for not wanting to die!” I retorted.

“Calm down Quincy,” said Lyssa, attempting to mediate ensuing violence. “We don’t need your headaches acting up.” Aulene and I grunted.

“Did you check for illusions?” I asked bitterly.

“I don’t know, did we Taylor?” said Aulene. Almost immediately Taylor decked Duhe straight in the nose.

“Now we have.” She said, Duhe holding his nose well sighing in pain. I laughed a little inside. My alarm on my watch went off, signaling it was time to for a ‘session’. Zel frowned at me.



“I can take it from here dude. You need to rest.”

“What if one of them goes crazy on you? I’m the only one who can contain them then.” I said. I put on my Thunder Cats jacket when I see the sad looks on Marissa’s and Kallie’s faces. “…I’m sure they’re fine. Those two are tough ones.” I walked off; knowing that I was more scared then either of them. I strolled down a seemingly endless hallway, random thoughts bouncing around in my cranium.



They’re growing… these powers are definitely stronger. What If the guys are stronger too though? If even two of them were to go crazy at once I doubt I could beat them… I know for sure if Bradley and Jared went crazy I would be through.



I came upon a slightly cracked, and I walked in to a torn down room, except the about the size of a church corridor. There were rows of beds with teens laying in each. They all had the same crazy red eyes, however some were much calmer then the others. A few were simply sitting in bed reading a book like Kellie or Gabbi, while others were sitting Indian style floating in the air like Bradley and Tiny. “Tiny, Bradley, how you guys feeling?” I said to them, hopeful they had finally mastered their powers. Bradley looked at me with bright red eyes, which had the symbol of the Gemini behind the iris. Joy filled my heart, and I laughed a slight giggle, but immediately realized my mistake. Tiny looked at me, his eyes filled with angered and teeth sharpened. Just before I could react I felt a psychic blast strike me hard in the chest, sending me flying into Grant’s bed. “D…Damn…” I spoke through shaking words, my breath failing to catch up. I then felt a psychic wave push me up into the air, keeping me locked in place and suspended in midair. Shit… If I only I had saved some of my energy… I saw that it was indeed Grant suspending me into the air, not Tiny. I was for sure Tiny was going to finish me off when I saw he being pinned to the ground by Bradley, who was using some kind of gravitational press to unable him to move. Instantaneously, a body comes flying down the hall slamming into Grant and knocking ZoĆ« out of her bed. I fell, almost landing on top of Kellie, but she was smart enough to move out the way. She rushed to my side, making sure I wasn’t hurt.



“He’s fine.” Came a voice from behind. “Go get the others in check.”

“What if I go crazy?” Kellie asked worriedly.

“Your powers aren’t very strong, so even if you did one of the other sane kids would be able to handle you.” The voice spoke out again, revealing to be Sylvia. “Quinton, we got a serious problem. Jared has gone crazy; he’s already killed Tiffany, Amy, and Caroline.” My worse nightmare was coming true; Jared was one of the most powerful psychics in the room. Way more powerful then Sylvia or I were, but we had some hope as well.



“I have some good news then. Bradley beat it. He’s in control!” Sylvia looked at me with her dark-red eyes full of shock and relief at the same time. “Great! Us three versus these two…”

“Actually Tiny went crazy too…” I said, my head starting to hurt, “Not to mention that I still haven’t regained all of my strength yet.” Sylvia’s smile went away.

“I see… Well even weakened you should still be on Tiny’s level, I might be able to handle Grant, and Jared isn’t as strong as Brad, so we might be able to pull this off, especially since they are still in the primal stage of insanity.” I was gone before we even had formulated a plan. I raced to Bradley, who had Tiny locked down. “Bradley, I need you to take on Jared...”

“Jared went crazy too? Aw jeez… can you handle Tiny?” He asked, but before I could react Jared had blasted Bradley through a wall, and Tiny hit me with a psychic blast to the face. Before I fell unconscious, I could hear the voice of a demonic creature that sounded similar to Jared. “Don’t kill them you fool! We must settle this the old-fashion way, at the Gamesssss… Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!”
================================

This was part one, I will post part 2 on my next post! Deuces!

~APLIW~

No comments: