Translate

Monday, August 29, 2011

Lately life has been hectic for me, so I have not been as helpful to the blog as I wish I could be. Moving across the country will keep you busy, and subtract from writing time.

I don't currently have a story to post, so I am just posting what is on my mind.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Currently, the best words I can think of to describe me are content and grateful. Today was the kind of day that if it were put on repeat for the rest of your life, that would be great and it would mean you'd be happy forever. The day started off a bit shaky, with a cold shower. Usually I am the type to believe that bad luck is a bad sign for the rest of the day. I believed I was in for a doosey of a day. Turns out that I was wrong, and I don't think I have ever been so happy to admit that.

The day started out with a breakfast of cake. Not really healthy, but I figure that a girl's got to indulge sometimes. It moved on to picking out positive quotes that I think would cause a person to smile, and to make their day a little better. They were written on post-it notes, and placed where others could find them. Part of Operation Beautiful. www.operationbeautiful.com It is a wonderful movement. I think that anyone reading this should check it out, and join in.

Then I went to church with my mom, and she bought me hot chocolate. I ran into a couple that I babysit for at the church, and I was delighted to see them. I love when I have people I know at the same place as me, and it is even better when it is accidental and unexpected. I got to greet several people before the sermon began, and i learned that the three kids sitting near me all have macaroni as a favorite pasta. The sermon was inspiring, and afterward I got to visit with an adorable little girl.

Due to how long and drawn out this feels to me, I am going to try to quickly sum up the rest of the day. I went home and vegged, and planned a dinner with my family and the couple I babysit for. Then after the dinner I went and swam with a new friend. This was my favorite part of the day. I had a great time, we relaxed, talked, and snacked. It was refreshing to get out of the house and spend time with someone other than my family members. Then the friend had a flute that she didn't use anymore, and she gave it to me. This was probably the greatest moment of the day. I was caught completely by surprise, but I was very happy because I have missed playing music.

That is not to say that there is anything wrong with my family. They are amazing people and I love them dearly, but I have spent time with them for a little over two months straight. I am definitely ready to have friends to have out with.

I feel really blessed for the way that things have turned out for me. Great people have come into my life, and I feel very good about the way things are headed.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

I would love to hear about the things that Life in Fiction's readers are grateful for. I know that a lot of people are moving on to a new chapter in their lives, and i would be interested in hearing about how you are adapting to the changes. Are you excited, or nervous? Do you miss the old days, or are you glad that you're moving on to the future? I think it is very good for everyone to stop and take some time to reflect on the way that they are feeling, and the path that lead them to be the person that they are.

Until Next Time,
Terra

No comments: