Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flowers

I really have to thank anyone still tuned in during the massive hiatus that seems to be taking place. I know how sad I would be to only be reading a few things from here a week, in fact I am quite sad about it. Let's pray that our friends will come back soon. Maybe they'll be struck with some huge inspiration today, or maybe tomorrow. Who knows?
In the meantime, I would like to share one of my recent piece of poetry that I feel quite proud of, maybe wrongly so. Its entitled 'Flowers' but it's actually not about flowers so I hope you pick up on the metaphor.

Flowers


Many flowers spring forth
from my mind.
Some bloom,
Others wither.
Others grow into
magnificent trees.
Some bear fruit
while others are simply flowers.

Sometimes I'll cut them down
place them in a vase
and share them with a friend.
Other times
I keep them as a secret
for me and God alone.

I love these flowers,
they always smell sweet.





Oh and today is my mom's birthday. Happy Birthday Mom!!


~Anora Anakaya~

No comments: