Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Forsaken

Joseph W. Here... New poem... opinions?


_______________________________________

Here, I stay
I hide, away
in this wholesome, covered shell
a piece of my own hell
The place, I may forever dwell...

There, I was
I bled, I cussed
I saw the body count, begin to rise
as a piece of me, was shattered like ice.
The fragments I have left, I now despise.

And alone I sit bleeding out my heart
on this God forsaken, lonely piece of art
candle wax dripping on this page
why should I suffer so, in this age...

And
This, is it
I watch, I sit
The carnage that ensued,
the wicked and the bruised
were left to fend for themselves

Its, okay
If I may
The people, they deserved this blood bath
and the children left to die in this aftermath...
were never worth sixpence... in my defense
My cold defense...

And alone I sit bleeding out my heart
on this God forsaken, lonely piece of art
candle wax dripping on this page
why should I suffer so, in this age...

I'm selfish and alone
My father would not condone
how did I get to be this way?
Our hatred and our lust
convincing us, we're just...

Its a sad confusion, in this world...
And on the ground, into a ball I curled...
Crying in pain, for redemption of my shame
No one hears a sound

For the battle of our hearts, was nowhere to be found...
I lay dying beneath a crest, one I did not recognize, adorned his breast.
His face was blocked by light, he said not a thing as my chest grew tight.

As he spoke, warmth and comfort filled the air
"You cried out for me, in the midst of your terror"
I nodded, and hid my head in shame
he said "Son, I'm glad you called my name"

alone I sat, bleeding out my heart...
on this God forsaken, lonely piece of art...
Candle wax, dripping on this page...
why should these people suffer, in this age?

Alone I sat, bleeding out my heart..
oh this lonely piece of art...
Yet there was someone there molding it from the start...

__________________________________________

blessings

Joseph W.

No comments: