Translate

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hell

The world was black but filled with a tremendous heat. I felt like I was on fire, but I wasn't in pain. It felt as if I were standing in the middle of a bonfire without touching a flame. I looked around but only darkness greeted me. A shrill scream pierced my eardrums. My hear dropped. I began to stumble about, looking for the source. The scream sounded again. Sweat dripped down my forehead and back. My heart pounded as my eyes strained to see through the dark. Another scream rang through the air.
A weight began to push down on me. The air itself felt heavy.
Silence began to encompass me. My ears no longer rang from the screams. I stopped. Standing in the darkness, I strained to hear it again. I found solace in the thought that another soul was here.
My ears ached. My eyes burned. My heart tried to break out of my chest.
A scream shot through the dark. Followed by another. I clasped my hands to my ears. The air was filled with never ending screams. Screams of twisted, tortured agony. I fell to the ground. Soon my screams joined them. My ears bled. My body convulsed in pain, and I was fully aware.

~Anora Anakaya~

~Edited by Quinton, Elizabeth

No comments: