Translate

Monday, April 11, 2011

Window Shopping

Glaring at a brand Xbox 360 sitting ominously in the front window of Gamestop. I check the price only to find it exceeds my budget. I barely walk three feet away from it before I notice a cheesecake store across from Gamestop. I peep over, noticing the variety of flavors in the window. I pull out my wallet from my back pocket, and a smile crossed the cashier’s face, only to drop in sadness when he saw it was bare on the inside. I dragged my feet away in shame, looking to window shop elsewhere.

I come across an indoor movie theater, where I spied five friends, two guys and three girls, all laughing and enjoying themselves. Friends they were, something I could never afford. I scurried onward to continue my “shopping spree”, coming across a music store. I took a look at some of the albums; coming across a CD by Teddy Geiger called Underage Thinking. My favorite song was “For you I will”. I began mouthing the lyrics but forgot the lyrics halfway through.

Cuz I could fall asleep in those eyes
Like a water bed
Do I seem familiar, I’ve crossed you in hallways
a thousand times, no more camouflage
I want to be exposed, and not be afraid to fall.

I looked up to find a scarlet haired girl standing next to me humming the tune, finishing where I left off. “You like this song too right? It’s my favorite song ever.” I nodded, unable to say anything to her.

“You’re that kid who lost his voice right? Collin right?” I nodded.

“I’m Olivia! My friends call me Liv for short. I’m in your journalism class at Mountainview. Hey there is a John Mayer concert coming up, want to go? Brad, Shelby and Lauren would to have you there!” I stared at her, completely dumbfounded. I couldn’t believe one of the coolest people in school was speaking to me. Me, who was even weirder now that I can’t speak.

“It’s okay, we’re friends now right? No reason to be so nervous. Real friends hear what you don’t say.” She winked and I blushed. “So I’ll see you there! It’s at the Gwinnett Arena! See you there!” She said stuffing a ticket in my hand. I watched as she ran off, I looked down at my ticket. I smiled, realizing there was no such thing as window shopping for friendship, as all it cost was to give it back.
---------------------------------------

Konnichiwa!

Okay guys so this whole week we will be following the theme of friendship with our great return. As you may have noticed, I am not Joseph.*gasps* We are pushing everyone back a day so they have time to give you guys a killer selection. ;) also, a few members will be entering the annual Writer's Digest contest, so cheer us on! That's all until Tomorrow, so until then keeping putting life into words.

~APLIW~

No comments: