Translate

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Desire and Deceit Part 2


                
I heard Kaitlin  in the distance giggling , my heart jumped at the sound of her voice. I turn  side-to-side trying to see where she was, but all I can see is black. I felt a jolt. I am awakened to a car whizzing by, causing me to almost fall over. I take a look around, and I am in front of an old wood shop on the outskirts  of town. Where did Kaitlin go? Perhaps she was just a figment of my imagination...

            Then I heard it again, but it wasn't as clear this time . It sounded muffled, like she was in a building or something. My gut feeling was the wood shop, and, without a second thought, I followed her voice inside . The shop was completely empty, as far as people go, only a few of the hallway lights were on. I tried to move forward, but my body was stricken with fear. There were so many things wrong with this situation. In that moment her giggling soon changed to shrieks of fear; I ran toward the sound of her voice which  to a small room with a tape recorder and a set of speakers setting on a table.
            
Oh snap, well it looks like I just got played...

            In almost a too cliché situation, the door behind me shut. From the corner of the room walked a man who was wearing, not a suit and tie with sunglasses,  but he was wearing jogging shorts, and a sleeveless shirt. His outfit had me totally confused, why did he look as if he didn't belong at all? Yet there he was. He had short, blond, cropped hair and green eyes. Him smiling at me without saying a word put chills down my spine. Everything in me wanted to turn and try to escape, but I knew it was no good.

In his hands the man had a small black tape. He walked to the stereo system, changed the two tapes, and hit 'play'. After a moment of sounds of a mic being messed  with a Russian voice came on saying, "Why hello David. It is such a pleasure to finally meet you. My name is Nikolai. I've heard so much about you." He looked at me and nodded as if it were him talking. "So if you were wondering, the man that is standing in front of you is me. Yes, I know it must be hard for you to grasp, but I can no longer speak. You see the point is that you were given a gift, one that I am not at liberty to speak of at this point in time. Right now all you need to know is that everything is not what it seems. Be wary of everything , especially feelings of those you love."

No comments: