Translate

Thursday, July 5, 2012

White Magic



Magic River by gilad
This is one of many in my new line of pieces drawn from the inspiration given by a long-time friend. What's crazy is that, unlike other girls, the inspiration she gives me clears me mind in a strange way. Expect her to be part of what drives my writing through these next few weeks and for the depth to be more than what's written.












“loVED;withOUT”

I.

“Drop the subject”
“Lose the line”

“Forget the past
And, please, stop crying”

“No loves exists”
Or so she says

I simply ignore
And feel betrayed

Not by her, but
By all those before

Who made me believe
That love’s a whore

II.

“Don’t lose faith”
“Leave your home”

“Forgive me now”
“I’ll cleanse your soul”

So many girls
Have come to me

So many lies
Have brought me down

I look at stars
To dream of change

No one stands up
To take love’s blame

III.

“Drink in misery”
“Love my hate”

“Fall for no one
Unless they’re real”

I stand still
She lies so far away

We’ve grown apart
She still doesn’t see

The final lines
Fall upon deaf ears

She’ll never love
I’ll never hear



[“Don’t believe them”
I wish to think
But hypocrisy is
My only savior]




Fate drives me.
~Chris

No comments: