Translate

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Bells


"Solo of Bells In Autumn" by Viv Leoni



At Ohio State, a bell tower stands near the center of campus. Every hour, it rings out beautifully through the air.

A few days ago, I walked through downtown Cincinnati with my dad and heard the same type of bells. The purity of such sounds is marvelous, and I'm truly surprised I haven't written something about them sooner.




"En la hora..."


Bells toll in the distance
Another hour has passed

Ding-dong
Ding-dong
Ding-dong
Ding-dong

Life flies with the time
No doubt could ever enter

An hour closer to death
But an hour still alive…
            …Nonetheless.

Ding-dong
Ding-dong
Ding-dong
Ding-dong

The clear sound brings tears
To eyes that’ve lived the hour

To the future all terrors flee
Forth through time…
            …The bells toll.

Ding-dong
Ding-dong
Ding-dong
Ding-dong






Fate drives me.

~Chris

No comments: