Translate

Thursday, August 2, 2012

On the topic of love


Good evening everyone,

I come to you today as a humble, love-struck writer, knowing nothing. That's right, I claim complete and total ignorance. But, still, that's fine. Such ignorance is what led to this next piece.


“Courtesy”

Is it up to me to love all you are?
From your anger to your courtesy,
your perverseness to your jealousy.
There’s no clue on my behalf
As to how it’s come to this.

What’s wrong with this picture?
Love, we’ve been down this road before.
You left me slitting my wrists on the floor.
I’m not sure how to confront this
My mind can’t stop thinking.

Where the hell is this going?
I can’t think that you’d stop thinking of others
Or be more than stupid, friendly lovers.
I can’t stop these thoughts.
They show what I’ll never have.

And so I tell you the truth…
You withdraw all of your lovely charm.
Off goes the hated alarm.
I hate our connection,
But love you regardless.

Here’s to the future.
I’ll drink even if it won’t make you see
That your personality claims me.
Just don’t lose who you are.
That’s all I’ll ever ask for.




+++++++++




So what'd you think? Be sure to let me know. Monday brings another video from the Life In Fiction crew, so be prepared and get excited! Until then, you can preview my newly published book, Memories of Autumn: Shattered Lies, at Createspace.


Part One and Part Two are both currently available on the Amazon Kindle store. The full novel will be available in paperback and Kindle editions by Saturday evening, at the latest. 


More good things are on the way! Just keep checking back and reading Life In Fiction.







Fate drives me.

~Chris

No comments: