Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Denied



Hay guys it's Aulene!!! I wrote this piece when I was at an airport last summer... I was sitting by a young girl who was crying over the phone because her boyfriend broke-up with her. She kept complaining and trying to speak but he kept cutting her off and never gave her the chance to defend herself for whatever reason. I really felt for her so I twisted around a few things and this is what I came up with. This is "Denied", I hope you like it. Please comment!!!



"Denied"


Denied a smile

A word

A breath

The last breath

Last I'll ever need

Ever want.

Life

People say it represents torture

Cruelty

I say denied.

By people

By a law

By a stereotype

One that will kill

Death.

Another form of denial

It's denial of happiness

The truth

Your life

Yours

You choose

Choose your path

Be warned,

If it is the wrong path

You will be,

Denied


~Aulene

~Edited by Sharon

No comments: