Translate

Monday, December 6, 2010

Being New, The Holocaust, and Hey there

So, Hi, I'm Joseph W. And I will be posting poetry and lyrics here every Monday, at least until they find out I'm not a real poet and kick me off of here. I wanna start by saying, for the first time I'm releasing whats on my heart to the world, I'm showing you all my poetry, which I normally don't do. Until now at least. Generally I don't care if you like it or dislike it, my poetry is generally for me, and if you take something from it then all the better.

Now I wanted to start off my poetry endeavors here with an older one I wrote about the holocaust, it gets a lot of questionable reviews because, well, its a touchy subject to cover. But back in the summer I found myself watching "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas" and I was almost balling at the end, so I went downstairs and wrote this poem within minutes. Let me know what you think.



* * * * * *

Dim the lights down, lock the windows...
Bombs are dropping, don't let your face show...
Our hearts are pounding, in the night as we hear them shouting...

The hushed tones, in the silence.
The dogs sniffing to bring upon us the violence...
scared for our lives now, we lie to calm the children,
praying they sleep through another night...

Its not safe here anymore.
we will crawl under the floors.
hiding from the ones we once loved...
Slide the wall back, let the light in.
My heart doesn't want this, to be it...

God where are you? Lord have you left me?
My heart isn't home, cause my home isn't safe...

Put out the fire please, their pounding on the doors across the street...
they'll see the faces of babes, faces of adults to be, that they'll never meet

Its not safe here anymore.
we will crawl under the floors.
hiding from the ones we once loved...
Slide the wall back! let the light in.
Heart doesn't want this, to be it...

All together, yet all alone...
the hard work begins...
my ribs, are now pressed against my skin...
It hurts so... I'd bleed... but my blood is running thin...

We pile into the showers, hoping for some sense of dignity...
Maybe clean ourselves and regain our humanity...

The children are crying, the men are fighting
Calm down boys, its just a shower...
The voices get louder, grown men begin to cower
Calm down boys... its just a shower...
The doors are shut... the room goes into a hush...
I tell you boys, its just a shower...
Calm down boys... Calm down...
It'll all be okay...

The gas leaks in...
We'll forgive them... oh we must love them anyway...

* * * * * * * * * * *

Now as I said before, this is not one of my better poems, and it is definitely not one of my favorites. I don't actually like it much, but I wanted to share it with you because it does have a powerful message. The thing that is scary, is there is absolutely no hope in it, because the Jews felt no hope, it was just despair. And I leave this with you to ponder on.

Thats all from me this week, thanks for reading.
-Joseph W.

No comments: