Translate

Monday, December 27, 2010

My old friend silence

So Christmas was wonderful as usual. But its coming close to being a year away from one of the worst times in my life. Last february I gained a broken heart, and wrote this poem 10 minutes after trying to give myself hope.

* * * * * * * *
The bells are ringing louder..
Oh i can hear the sound of their chimes,
from miles away...

And on a distant tower, I can see the signals,
pointing me to my new way...

And swords don't hold the answer, nor does the sheath where it lays...
But more in the sunlight, that shines on my face, reminding my eyes...
That I see, the very part of me, that I never knew before...

This side, is something that I can't believe, nor something that will ever be...
What I long for...

And I sit here, alone, and think... about what we once were, and what we could be...
and I'll remember, the sun will still set in the west, and when it rises in the east, I'll be alive...
and Dreaming of a better me...

And yet I'm,
Falling to pieces
shedding a tear for what I once held dear
I'm saying farewell, to the the crowded room, I was in...
I'm saying hello, my old friend, "the silence"

I'll reap what I sow, And I'll be what I know how to be...
But what I've sown, isn't dead, it just needs to rest its head... and sleep...
and realize, it isn't going to be the flower for me...

All flowers, wilt in the end... far from where the begin...

And yet I'm,
Falling to pieces
shedding a tear for what I once held dear
I'm saying farewell, to the the crowded room, I was in...
I'm saying hello, my old friend, "the silence"

And I'll whisper in the quiet...
"Hello my good friend silence...
I'll hold your hand when the noise gets violent"
Yes, farewell, my crowded room, you've met your doom...
Hello my old friend, silence.. oh the silence...
oh the silence...
* * * * * * * * *

So It took awhile to get through that heartache, but a few months later i found the perfect girl, and I thank God for her every day.
Hope you are all looking forward to the rest of this weeks writings, there is gonna be some good stuff I'm sure.

Much Love.
Joseph W.

No comments: