Translate

Monday, December 13, 2010

As Sure As Season's Change

Hello, good friends. It's been exactly one week since I depressed you with a poem about the holocaust. So this current poem, is fitting to our change in Ohio weather this week, we have several inches of snow. But other than that the title has nothing to do with season's changing.

This is a poem I wrote about my beloved girlfriend, I wrote it in the wee hours of the morning and it is rather cheesy, and one day I hope to adapt it into a song, but for now I hope you enjoy it.


* * * * * * * * *

You're the best that I have, the best I could want.
Beautiful from your back to your front.

My heart beats for you.
It beats so fast, and so true.

It knocks me senseless,
and I become defenseless.

I am yours, and you are mine,
as fitting as reason finding rhyme.

As lovely as Sunday afternoons,
Children's laughter, and old cartoons.

As sure as seasons change,
I'll be there to help turn the page.

Each chapter filled with love,
as our stories begin to flood.

They pour into our thoughts and dreams,
and hold me together at the seams.

So lets lay here and sleep,
lets dream our fairy tale.
Let this story be yours to keep,
In the kingdom of my heart where you hail.



* * * * * * *

So there you have it, hope this kicks off your week well, as you prepare for some other goodies from my good friends here at Life In Fiction.

Much love my friends,
- Joseph W.

No comments: